In this guide, you'll learn how to convert a Minecraft world from PlayStation 3 to Java.
If you haven't already, download/setup the Universal Minecraft Converter.
1. Get the PlayStation 3 World
First, copy the world from your PlayStation 3 console to your PC.
Skip this step if the PlayStation 3 world is already on your PC.
- Insert your USB drive into your PlayStation 3 console.
- At the PlayStation 3 Home, go to Game > Saved Data Utility (PS3).
- Press Triangle on the world and select Copy. Choose your USB drive from the listed storage devices to copy the world to your USB drive.
2. Input the PlayStation 3 World
Next, input the world into the Universal Minecraft Converter.
- Insert your USB drive into your PC.
- Open the Universal Minecraft Converter and sign in.
- Click the PlayStation 3 button to view the worlds stored on your USB drive.
- Double click on the world you want to input. (To input a PlayStation 3 world that's already on your PC, select it by clicking the browse button at the bottom of the window and click Open.)
3. Convert the World
- Click the PC (Java) button to select the output platform.
- Click Start to begin the conversion.
4. Save the Converted World
Once the conversion finished successfully, the PC (Java) button will have a full green border.
- Click the PC (Java) button to open the save window.
- Enter a name for the converted world, then click the Save button. (Optional: You can choose to save the world in a different location)
- Once the converted world has been saved, you can close the converter or reset it by clicking the PlayStation 3 button.
Your world has now been converted!